Tuesday 30 June 2015

PUDDING CLUB

I was on top of the world when I was asked to try out Pudding Club at 12 Harland Place in Norton.




I blooming love this place and you can see why from this previous post - 12 Harland Place.

What is a pudding club I hear you ask? Well, it's just that: a club for eating puddings. 12 taster sizes of the yummiest puddings that you gobble up and rate - and the winner makes the menu. Heaven I know...


First up was Banofee Pudding - although I do LOVE a bit of Banana and Toffee, I thought you know... it's the first one... a little bit standard and one I wouldn't usually go for on a dessert menu but HOLY - this blew me away... perfect! Layer upon layer was just right. Like... Just right 9/10


It was then the Coconut Chocolate Slice. That buttery biscuit base... real rich chocolate and toasted coconut; this was a chocolate lovers dream. Could have done with a little more coconut but I ain't complaining. 6/10


Up next next was my favourite - Bakewell Tart - I have HIGH expectations for a good old Bakewell. I love a good light sponge, plenty of almond flavour and lets not go easy on the jam. This was not up there and this made me super sad, for like a millisecond till I realised there were another 6 puddings on their way. 4/10



It was time to wash that palette down with a swig or 5 of Presecco. As you do... I'm a lady.


The second platter was just as exciting as the first.


Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bar - this again is not one I would normally go for, but it turned out to be my favourite! Sweet sugary pecans in a bar of caramel heaven. Haven't really got many words to describe this but it was amazing. It was that good I wolfed mine down in a bite and a half and found my eyes wandering round to see other peoples reactions to their first bite. Hoping that someone would leave it and I could come to their rescue! That was never gonna happen... 10/10


Sicilian Lemon Tart - I love a good bit of lemon don't get me wrong, but I am not good with thick liquid textures. Bork. I will give it a go but anything a little thicker than water is a no go. This didn't feel right. Not to sure if it was set enough but I wasn't the only one not to be to eat this. 1/10


Black Forest Cake - I did feel a little pattern coming on. Anything I was super, super looking forward to, I was slightly disappointed with and puddings that I wouldn't ever order were the BEST things a girl could get her chops on. This too for me was a little let down. For a Black Forest you need a good dark chocolate with lashings of frosting and cherries. This was more like a red velvet cake. Nothing wrong with it but it didn't hit my Black Forest expecatations. 5/10


As we had a little break the Pudding Club Queen introduced herself and told us we had to get marking and leaving comments as a number of chefs made the cakes and they had an in-house competition. I love a bit of healthy competition. It was then onto the final platter of delights.



Bread and Butter Pudding - now I have tried this a few times and I love the idea of this pudding. A whole waste not want not scenario and shot it all into some stale bread and some custard and whack up a pudding. Love it! This was tasty but quite runny. I think I need to pop back and taste a HUGE bowl just to make sure.  I will give this one a 6/10


Lemon & Raspberry Cake - I think I have ruined myself with sponges having to bake up around 15 cakes a day in store, so sponges don't really get my tastebuds roaring. This is my own fault and I am not taking this out on this yummy Lemon & Raspberry cake so please Mr Cake forgive my rating. 5/10


And then there was the best till last. For a tea lady like me expectations again were super, super high... Earl Grey Creme Brûlée. This was a little on the runny side, but I loved it never the less - even though I practically drank it once I had cracked the layer of caramel off. Oh my, those flavours were something else. If this was set it would have been like 100/10 - it was that good. I will give this little dish an 8/10.


And the winner was the Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Bar.


Pudding Club was just great. It is on the 1st Monday of every month and can get booked up quite fast, so make sure you book in advance.

I think next time I will try the Spudding Club which is starters and puddings - the best of both - 3rd Monday of every month.

You guys really gotta go take a peek at what they have to offer, because they have some super events that are da bomb.

Let me know what you fancy and I may just see you there.

You can find 12 Harland Place over on Instagram, so swoon over their delights @12harlandplace

Have a fun filled week x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig