Monday 8 June 2015

CONCEPT

As an independent shop, I have found myself seeking out more places like this when I visit different towns. I would much rather shop independent ALL the time, but sometimes it is impossible. I do feel like it has been made easier in the past few years with businesses branching out and finding new ideas to run with - which makes for a very happy tea lady indeed. To have Concept on my doorstep... What more could I ask for?





I was delighted when Concept got in touch and invited me to try out some of their best selling Annie Sloan Paint - but first I though it would only be right to show you this most amazing shop in all its glory. Based on Linthorpe Road, you all MUST check it out.



More on Annie in another post. Watch me get my hands dirty.



I used to live just along the road from here when I was at University and used to pop my head in and look at all the jewels. They have been upcycling and creating the most beautiful furniture you could feast your tea loving eyes on for quite some time; with over 18 years experience, this is one of my favourite interior design shops.





I was in shabby chic heaven.



I even managed to pick up a little buy too in the form of a peacock chair, an absolute steal. Painted in Annie Sloan and waxed too. You can see her peaking away in the corner below. She is a delight and I am sat in her as I type away on this windy, windy, summers day.


All of the furniture is painted and waxed and boy does a whole lorra love go into it. Jeannie and Sophie, the Mother and Daughter team are just spot on. Extremely friendly and full to the brim of knowledge.


The shop can get quite busy so make sure you get down early on a weekend. These lovely ladies hold workshops in store so you can learn different techniques to chic up your own home.


You can watch them work on commissioned projects in store and even have a go for yourself.

Rooms by Concept is coming soon which gets me really excited. You can pop upstairs to the attic and see some rooms set out and designed in house by these amazing ladies. They will get your juices flowing and inspire you to give your own spaces a lick of paint and re shuffle.


When some independents upcycle it can tend to be quite expensive as so much time and love goes into each piece, but here these ladies have a great price range. From totally affordable off the cuff purchases to larger ones that could uplift the look of your mansion.

Only a 15 minute walk from town, why not take a stroll up this little gem? 367 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, TS5 6AB.

If you mention The Tea Bee at the checkout these lovelies will give you a 10% discount. SO what are you waiting for?

Have a great week x




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig