Thursday 24 December 2015

WALKING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND


Happy Christmas Eve all.

I am not going to lie, I have struggled this year to get in into the Christmassy mood. I haven't even managed to top my 14 Christmas movie PB this year either. What is all that about?


There is nothing better to get you into the Santa spirit than a visit to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.

The ultimate grotto for adults.

I can't even explain to you the scale of this place. The transformation of London's most famous park is second to none. There is no wonder this place is heaving every single day and night it is open and visited by everyone on my Instagram feed by looks of things.

Don't fear if you haven't had chance to visit yet, this wonderful place is open till January 3rd so you can literally get your skates on and go for a festive glide the ice rink visit the Magical Ice Kingdom before it closes down for another year.



I had a few hours spare before my train back up to the bitter North last week so thought what better way that to spend it than right here?



A quick stop off at the Bavarian Village was in order to warm our cockles with a Bavarian Gold Beer and listen to fella knocking out some absolute tunes. 

The smell of freshly baked pretzels, waffles and corn on the cob's got the better of me so the hunt for food began. I say hunt, it was more like a scout out of what I actually wanted to eat as there was so much choice.

We stumbled into the Bavarian Hall which was jam packed with food, drinks and a very enthusiastic German band. 

Check out those condiement udders. 





After a little whizz round on the fastest waltzers I have ever been on it was time to shoot. But not before a little night cap at Mr Fogg's.




This was a pleasant surprise, as the evening before I had spent some time at Mr Fogg's Tavern in Covent Garden as guests of their newest abode with the biggest gin collection I ever did see.

The attention to detail at all of the Inception Groups hangouts is amazing. You can see what cocktails I got to try in Cahoot's in my Cocktails in Kingly post here.




This Mr Fogg's pop up was not disappointing considering it is a bar in the centre of Hyde Park in the depths of Winter. It really was the real deal, and really warm too. There is tobaggans hanging from the ceiling, stockings hung above the fireplace and even a huge well decorated real Christmas tree in the corner. 

Hat's off to you.



I will most definitely be back to spend many more hours in Winter Wonderland next year. So if you feel like you are lagging in the Ho Ho Ho spirit I sternly advise you to go give this place a visit. I will be checking out the Swiss Chalet and Arctic Lodge Bar next time.

Have you had the chance to visit Winter Wonderland? What was your favourite part?

x


Share:

2 comments

  1. I love all your photos! This places looks so cozy and Christmassy! I just started following you on Bloglovin' btw, loving the blog.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you that is so sweet. It is ultimate Christmas and I will be spending a lot more time here next year and not just a flying visit. Awww wonderful thank you so much you are too sweet x x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig