Wednesday 9 December 2015

OH CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE


I love going Christmas Tree shopping.



I have never owned a real christmas tree before I met the other half. It was something that from a teeny tiny town I probably never knew existed. Or the fact that you could pop your wellies on and head off into the sticks and go pick a tree out for yourself to put up in your house and decorate.

So without sounding like a complete hermit, I shall press on.

So this has become said little hermit's tradition. Let's call it an early christmas present from the boy. I get to go pick out a real tree in the woods and pretend I am some kind of lumberjack.


 Off we popped up to Ormesby Hall, a mere 4 minutes drive from my house to go pick out the main event.

The first time I went tree shopping was around 10 years ago. I was promised mince pies and tea. I was told that in the little courtyard of the 18th century mansion that you could grab yourself one of Santa's favourites treats and a brew.

Well let me tell you. In them 10 years I have been coming here, there has never been any mince pies or tea, not even a crumb. I always bring this up each time we go. Girl needs pies not pines.





We are not very lucky people when it comes to well, life, basically. Never mind life with a huge tree in it. The tree is always too wonky or too tall, sometimes breaking branches is a must and sometimes the bread knife has to come out and things get hacked off left right and centre. 

This year it seemed to good to be true and we were in and out in a record 15 minutes all packed up in my little red van ready to go.




 It is now sat waiting for me in my living room with half a set of working lights on, as every year I never know if the lights work properly or not and then end up with a surprise of needing new ones as the year before I made a 'mental note' which was quickly erased from my brain. So I best be off on another trip to buy lights and sniff all the tinsel.


Have you got your tree up yet? I love to spend my eve's scrolling through social media looking at everyone's masterpieces
x





Share:

5 comments

  1. There was mince pies last year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?? I saw no pies.. this is soooo sad!! x

      Delete
  2. There was mince pies last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I wish we were allowed a real tree!!!! So jeallouuuuuuus.

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come and share mine :) It smells sooooooo good x x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig