Monday 14 December 2015

GIVE VEGAN A GO


Friday is my most favourite day of the week.

Not only because it is technically the weekend (for us tea ladies the weekends don't really count as that is when we are at our busiest). It is my favourite day of the week because it is Vegan Friday down at Tea House HQ.


Now I don't want this post to be about my food life choices and get all deep about reasons why the world should be Vegan, as I believe life is for living anyway each individual wants to live it. Each to their own and all that. I didn't want this post to be about views either. View on meat or the lack of meat or anything to do with blooming meat. I wanted it to be simply just about food and the food I like because everyone loves a good bit of munch right?

I have only really been introduced to the Vegan and Vegetarian world over the past few years and I still feel like a sort of outsider looking in and that anything I think or say isn't really valid as I am not a Vegan or Vegetarian as such but, I am really pro food choice lifestyles if that makes sense? I love how people are so passionate about what they consume and I really gotta give credit to you guys. I am interested in peoples diets and what they love and loathe. You should hear some of my food combinations, now that would read for a weird and wonderful post.


I like to eat vegartaian food sometimes, I like to eat meat dishes sometimes, I like to eat fish dishes sometimes and I like to eat vegan dishes sometimes. I guess it's just what I feel like.

I try my hardest to cater for such dietary requirements such as gluten free, lactose free, sugar free, vegetarian and vegan down at Tea House HQ, which let me tell you in this small town is very hard to come buy. I really am proud to be able to offer so much selection, as people come far and wide to try out these treats.

We have gone from baking up gluten free treats and vegan cupcakes every two weeks to gluten free every single day of the week now. We host the best vegan Fridays in the North East with yummy cakes, scones and savoury delights. Huge shoutout to Kirsty at Blueberry Swirl, my favourite vegan baker girl in the land, she bakes up the best treats. You really got to stop by and try some of this girls cakes, they are amazing!!


So there you have it...

A little insight to my love affair with food.

I wanted to give a vegan diet a go and thought why not give it a go with Give Kitchen.

Give Kitchen is a vegan plant based whole foods delivery service with vegan meals delivered straight to your door.

They have some great challenges such as the 22 Day Vegan Challenge, 22 Day Weight Loss Challenge, 8 Day Spiritual Cleansing Box or create your own Give Box*, where you pick out your own meals. I think it is perfect for those who want to transition to being Vegan or for those like me looking to improve their health and wellbeing.






I love this door to door service as it takes the hassle out of preparing and cooking fresh healthy meals every day. Especially when you are super busy with the lead up to santa like me.


My verdict.

These are super yummy and the easiest thing to prepare. I really love how passionate Give Kitchen is. You can follow their amazing venture over on their Instagram - Give Kitchen.

Oh and how could I forget these truffles? They are pretty special for an after dinner treat.



I do want to try a Meat Free Monday throughout 2016. I want to cook up some great recipes and get back into the cooking saddle.

You don't have to be vegan to try this you can be just like me.

Have you got any favourite vegan or vegetarian recipes to restaurants that I need to try out?

x



Share:

2 comments

  1. I think I would probably like vegan food if it was given to me in like a blind food test (as long as there's no nuts yo). Those burgers don't look too shabby!

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eating veg and want to really start some good recipes next year!! Can't keep me away from bacon tho :) x x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig