Sunday 30 August 2015

EDINBURGH NAPIER EXPERIENCE - PART 2 - THE CITY

As you may or may not know from last weeks post Edinburgh Napier University invited me up to try out Scottish student life and show myself and a few other Teesside bloggers what it had to offer.

We really had the best time trotting around my favourite city in the UK.

We were super lucky enough to be there while the Edinburgh Fringe Festival was on. I have never had the chance to soak up the Fringe before so this was a little extra treat. We even got to go and see Joe Lycett who was hilarious.








Wandering around the streets of Edinburgh is always pretty special but with what seems like every single building, street and even a disused car park being transformed into something super creative was overwhelming and made me feel all warm inside.

Check out this cute little pop up bar. It was originally an old car park and look how it was transformed with a few fairy lights and benches. An absolute inspiration to finally get my back garden into check.



More live music filled the streets from The Cowshed.


I could walk round Edinburgh all day long, eating macaroons, cakes and drinking tea totally bingeing out on all the food they have to offer. I'm in another country so technically this was a 'holiday' right?

I see Edinburgh split into two sides, one for shopping and one for stuffing your face. You have the, what I like to call - 'new side' which is Princes Street with all the high street shops such as Topshop, Lush, Primark and other fantastic names such as Anthrpologie to name a few.

It would have been wrong to not try them out considering we have to trek all the way up to Newcastle or down to Leeds to get to most of these from where I live.

I stopped off at SpaceNK for the first time and got myself a little treat from Nars. Next stop was Jo Malone which again was a first for me. I really don't get out much, you all know that.

Their new scent is a dream and the Mimosa and Cardamon will most definately be on my Santa list this year.



Off we popped into Anthropologie and taken into another world. It is quite good I don't have one of these in my home town as my bank balance would not be in good shape. I like that it is a little treat when I go and visit other cities and that makes it a legit reason to buy something!



Off we popped to my favourite part of the city, as I like to call it the 'old town' which is actually called the Haymarket but you know! Full of cobbles, independent shops and boutiques. This place fills me with so much inspiration.



It is not only the shops that I love in Edinburgh it is also the history. So many gruesome tales of Burke and Hare and Dr Knox is enough to put the willies up me. We got the chance to try out Edinburgh's newest escape rooms called Dr Knox's Enigma which was fantastic. A little bit like the Crystal Maze where you have 60 mins to solve the puzzle. You really gotta book yourselves onto that.

There really is so much to do here. For grown ups, kiddos, students, families lot's going on and many attractions to try out. We had a great time in Camera Obsucra which has some amazing illusions. My favourite was the mirror maze, I do have a few bumps where I face planted a few mirrors though.



I thought I would put together a few places that you must visit when up in the Ed's.










I will most definitely be popping back up when the Christmas Market is on to sample some Haggis, Neeps and Tatties.

The train up here is super super fast direct from Darlington. Really reasonable prices too, especially if you book in advance. The journey is so scenic as you travel up the east coast and straight into Edinbugh Waverley Station.


Have you been to Edinburgh? What are your favourite places? I need to add some new places to my ever growing list. x

* I was a lucky guest of Edinburgh Napier University for this trip. All views and opinions are 100% my own.















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig