Tuesday 14 October 2014

BODY SHOP HAUL

I never buy beauty products and rarely talk about my make up or skin routine. To be honest I get very scared about disclosing what I do. I always think I am doing things wrong and that there are 'certain' ways to do stuff that I unfortunately do not know the secret to.

With all that aside I have in fact this month been embracing being a girl, and trying out some places a little out of my comfit zone. I have asked for help in shops and feel really chuffed with myself for trying out some new places and of course my bags full of treats.




First up, my first ever venture to The Body Shop. Can you believe I have never been there before?
I am a sucker for anything Raspberry and once I saw a fellow northern blogger blog about this product I just had to go and see what this was about and boy little miss Thumbelina Lillie I was not disappointed.

The product that go me dragged into this was the Early-Harvest Raspberry Body Butter (£13) - this stuff is unreal and you can smell the scent on your skin all day.  As I was sniffing and browsing and just loitering about one of kind assistants told me that there was a great offer on the body butter and I could choose another one or a scrub for just £3 - I thought while I was in girly pamper mode why not and opted for the scrub in yes you guessed it Raspberry. 



The Early-Harvest Raspberry Body Scrub the best (£12.50). It gives you a real good exfoliation due to the seeds in there and smells just as good as the body butter.


Look at the colour of that!!


I had recently finished my Clarin's Hyraquench moisturiser which was an expensive buy but totally worth it. That stuff really deep moisturises and leaves your face ever so soft. I decide to try something a little different as I like to try new products.


I was advised to try the Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet which is a really light moisturiser and listen up here ... it's pink! It is a gel like cream texture which you can keep in the fridge. I do this because I like the refreshing feeling the sorbet gives you when its cold.. You only need a small amount too. I am not sure it will last the 6 months my good old hydra quench did but for £12 I am willing to give this a good go.


 This was Murphy's favourite by far.

Onto my wild card buy. Make up brushes. Up until few years ago I just didn't care. I still am not a fan of make up (as i don't really have a clue how to use it) and sundays are a strict no go for the stuff so apologies if you stumble upon me looking extremely pale and washed out. But as I have gotten older it feels nice to put on a little layer and some colour on my face.


I decided to roll with the 3 for 2 offer (the moisturiser heading up this body shop army) I picked out the Face and Body Brush (£16) as mine is really old and should have been thrown away a lonnnnggggg time ago and also a Eyeshadow Brush (£9). I am not sure why I decided to get this as I have never worn eyeshadow EVER and hadn't really intended too. I blame the cold nights and the fact I have stubbled across a few vlogs that have some pretty good autumn make up tutorials that I am somehow dragged into. And there you have it, you beauty bloggers have won and now I am a proud owner of a eyeshadow brush that I will probably never use.

With all my purchases I was gifted a Warming Mineral Mask (£10) which I am going to use this eve. You just pop it on and it heats up and then you take it right off. Perfect for someone like me who has no idea how these things work.


And last but not least some Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm (£2) in....Raspberry flavour to keep them smackers nice and unchapped this autumn.



Thank you body shop you were fantastic in taking it upon yourself and helping this lost girl out and filling my bag full of treats. I will most certainly back to try out some new make up brushes and those nail varnish's look a treat.

What Autumn products do you buy to make you feel cosy on these closing nights? X


Share:

3 comments

  1. The Raspberry stuff is sooooo good! Smells so delicious!

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually addicted to it. Thanks for the inspiration. My skin feel a million dollars when it's not covered in wallpaper and paint splats x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The products look incredible! :) I love raspberries so this sounds amazing!

    www.writingmonique.com

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig