Thursday 5 March 2015

BROMPTON LAKES

I managed to get a weekend away to reflect on not only how fast this year is going, but also what's next for The Olde Young Tea House; how I want to further my little tea empire; and of course tick off a few personal goals.

Brompton Lakes are near Richmond in North Yorkshire. I know, I know, I do know how lucky I am to have the most amazing places on my doorstep. The North isn't all that bad...

We arrived and it was the most perfect setting for a relaxing weekend away. Right next to the River Swale. You could hear the ice cold water rushing down stream. It is the fastest flowing river in England. Check out my river facts!




We grabbed our bags and tottled off inside to check out our new home for the next few nights. This place is amazing.





The lodge overlooked the frozen lake, with a real fire burner inside all for ourselves. The lodges are situated all-around the lake giving you enough space to do what you will. In summer these would be amazing to have a barbecue, but it was still rather cold with the hills covered in snow: a beautiful setting for nice weekend away.

We attracted some attention as we moved our luggage in. Huge swans and some little ducks. The river was frozen and the swans moved in a row with the Daddy smashing ice with his beak and neck.

The ducks just pitter-pattered right over the ice, not a hesitation sight.





You have a huge communal area in the lodge with a fully stocked kitchen with everything you will ever need.

On arrival there is a huge welcome pack and basket of goodies such as wine, bread, cheese and biscuits. They didn't last long.

The biggest dining table and plenty of sofa room next to the fire burner - which took a while for us to understand how to open the top, but once we got it open the lumberjacks in us came out and we were gathering logs left right and centre.

Off the main lodge room there is 3 bedrooms (one with an ensuite) and main bathroom. So much space. I could most definitely live here.



I am not too sure how it happened but I managed to swindle the en-suite.



With Richmond town centre only a 5 minute drive away, you have plenty to do if you fancy a wander. Lots of charity shops in which I bagged myself a few knitwear numbers and independent shops selling their wares.

I will be back to try out the little tea rooms and cafes as I didn't manage to on this trip. It is only a 40 minute drive away from Middlesbrough, so if you have a relaxed trip in mind, why not pop over and take a peek at one of my favourite towns in North Yorkshire.

Thanks for having us Brompton Lakes x








Share:

4 comments

  1. Love this post! Your photos are great very jealous of your getaway!xx

    Gianni
    www.giannic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great place. Real relaxing and could have stayed there forever :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow this look so beautiful! I love living in the North East but am constantly frustrated that I don't own a car which makes it so hard to get out exploring. I've been wanting to go to Richmond for ages and now it looks like I need to add Brompton Lakes to the list too!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to. I know it's a bit tricky to get to without a car but it will be well worth it I promise x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig