Monday 16 March 2015

REAL MEALS

I am very lucky to have spent my childhood growing up in Saltburn-by-the-Sea.

Saltburn is a Victorian town with plenty of history which I could talk about all day long. I mean we had smugglers that used to come from the sea in boats and snuggle alcohol and other bootlegged goods up through the cliff in little tunnels to the houses hundreds of feet above. It actually blows my mind the stories my home town has to offer.




Not only has it got fantastic stories to be heard, but it has a good collection independent shops that have flourished over the years making people travel here from miles around to enjoy a good old lunch and brew.




Look at the goods this little deli has to offer.



Real Meals has been around for quite some time. I was at school when this place had its first shop in the square. It soon outgrew the small space and moved a street away to open up and become my favourite deli for miles around. You can sit in or take away their sweet, sweet goods. Cheese, cakes, pastries, olives, sundies, pies, seafood. You name it they have it.

























I am a huge fan of Ginger Beer and this is one I have never tried so this Bundaberg was a must. A good old Cox Apple juice for my friend.


There is always so much for me to choose from on their menu.


I used to always get the ploughmans platter and pick a few cheeses out.

The board comes with bread, apple and chutney, but today I went all out and got one of their favourites - the hot chilli beef sandwich. It is delish. The beef is cut right in front of you from the deli counter and then cooked in spices and onions and popped in to some fresh bread and served up.


My friend Adam opted for a pie, Filled with vegatables and a side portion of potatoes and vegetables.






 We had to take some treats home with us.







You really need to pop by next time you are in town. You will not be disappointed.

To make this place even sweeter the owners hold the farmers market in Saltburn every month too, showcasing local independents and supporting small businesses.




Thanks for a great lunch Real Meals. You can find this place at 25 Milton Street, Saltburn-by-the-Sea TS12 1DJ. x
Share:

4 comments

  1. Oooooooooh Saltburn is another place on my list that I'm yet to get to. We're having a "staycation" this Summer and I'm planning on making a visit then - I'll definitely make sure I pop into Real Meals whilst I'm there, it looks lovely :)

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! :) Love the fact it is all fresh and prepared in front of you! :D

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The site is looking piece ostentatious and it gets the guests eyes. Outline is really straightforward and a decent easy to understand interface. Omeals

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig