Friday 20 February 2015

TASTE OF ARABIA

Food, food, food on the brain all day, everyday. It's doesn't help that I surround myself with the hungriest tea girls and friends that this fine world has to offer.

I like trying out independents in my area and this little place was next on my long, long list.

Taste of Arabia - a little lebanese place only a 3 minute stroll from the tea house was a perfect after work foodie joint.




Plenty of food to choose from on this menu, let me tell you. 


It was decided to choose a range to platters and just tuck right in...First up was the Chicken, Falafel and Hummous special. A perfect combination of little 'picky' bits - I like to taste everything.




This was then followed by a traditional  Lebanese dish - Baba Ghanouge. Delish char-smoked aubergine blended with tahini and garlic.



 We also opted for a vegatairan dish too with Falafel, Stuffed vine leaves and Burak.


Plenty of salad too... we got stuck right in.


After taking a fair few snaps and chatting with the owner, he wanted us to try out these traditioal drinks. Similar to a mango lassi - one of my favourite indian drinks. These were also mango topped with plenty of cream and sprinkled with pistachio.



This place does not look like much from the outside and the interior is really stripped back, I think this place is a real hidden gem. Good quality food with a reasonable price, just give this place a go.




Plenty of dishes for you to try. I will most certainly be going for the Zahra - Deep fried cauliflower with tahini and chilli flakes along with the hot potato with peppers, onions, coriander and hot chilli next time.


Visiters have signed the wall from all over the world. Showing local independents their support while chewing down on some good food and served by a lovely helpful host.


We were invited up to the roof garden, which you would not know was there by just walking past.

A shisha pipe and some comfy sofas were awaiting us. As we attempted to try shisha and drink down our mango treats, while we watched night roll in.




I will surely be back soon. All this food talk is making me super hungry. Where do you like to eat that is a little bit of a secret? I would love to try out some recommendations x







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig