Friday 19 February 2016

STUFF YOUR FACE SUNDAY - CANTEEN & COCKTAILS


I am a total Brit when it comes to a Sunday Roast. I will most likely be one of those Expats that move to Benidorm in my 60's and only drink Yorkshire Tea, eat Parmo's and demand Sunday Roasts with Yorkshire Puddings every day of the year. This will be me, I just blooming know it.

It's not a bad thing mind. Not if I can get my mitts on something as delicious as this.

I could totally eat this every single day of my life and be a super happy human being.

If I do end up being that Expat having the time of my life sunning myself day in day out can we please freeze this Sunday Roast and blast it into my future, because Lord almighty this was unreal.



Canteen & Cocktails are known for there American Pit Barbecue delights. You can see my love of this place by reading my posts here and here.

After a good old Instagram scroll I saw that the Norton Canteen & Cocktails have stared doing Sunday Roasts. As you can see I didn't waste much time and was there, boom, straight away the week after.


I am a huge fan of sharing platters in every aspect of my food loving life. You get to try a bit of everything and let me tell you this was amazing.

For just £9 you can get a Roast Chicken Platter with all the trimmings. I mean like allllll the trimmings. Cauliflower Cheese, Roasties, Parsnips, Creamy Mash, Seasonal Vegetables, Yorkshire Puddings and C&C Secret Recipe Gravy. A feast fit for a King.




You can always opt for the £10 platter which gives you the best of both worlds. A choice of two meats - Beef Brisket, Roast Chicken or Pork served with Crackling. I think we all know what I went for. Girl loves crackling!

I tucked myself away upstairs as I can sort of look like a cave women when I get hungry and that just isn't fair on anyone around me. Especially when you have this mouth watering roast presented in front of you.



The meat is unreal. I am a picky Percy when it comes to fatty meat but I was in heaven. Oh, and that gravy. Words can not express how yummy this was.



My last Sunday Roast away from Nana Marge's was a while ago as Tea House life has taken over but her roasts are quite hard to beat.

Canteen & Cocktails is perfect for groups and these sharing platters have just got to be your excuse to give this a whirl. I can promise you, you will not be disappointed.

And you always got to opt for dessert too right?

This Rocky Road Brownie really hit the spot.


Sunday Roasts are served at Canteen & Cocktails - from 12 Noon till 7pm. Don't forget to give me a holla if you go as I always have room for a Yorkshire Pudding or five.

You can find Canteen & Cocktails at 1 High Street, Stockton-On-Tees TS20 1AH or up in the toon at Milburn House, Dean Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1LF.

Love Carli x





Share:

1 comment

  1. This all looks a bit too good!! I think a Sunday dinner is on the cards for us misses. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GET THAT MANY CARROTS.

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig