Wednesday 10 February 2016

TEA OF THE WEEK - SLEEPING BEAUTY WITH PANDORA


Where have I been? I know, I know, I have not posted in a week and boy am I kicking myself for it. 

The truth is life grabbed me by the ghoulies and took me for a little spin to test drive 2016. I am now safely back, rested and on top form for a great year.


We love a good holiday down at Tea House HQ. Any excuse to get festive and dress accordingly in our eyes. We have been getting ready for Valentines Day for what seems like months now but we ain't complaining as our tummies are full of rose water and violet scones and red velvet cakes.

This extra special tea has to be made Tea of the Week doesn't it really? It just had to be top of the menu for cupid to make an appearance with his bow and arrow this Valentines Day. Hello Sleeping Beauty, hello.



This green Japanese Sencha is packed with Raspberry and Rose Buds and really gets us in the mood for love.


Now I am the first to admit that Valentines is that little bit cringe, an over priced, full of tat holiday but why not spin this on its head and make it a little more tasteful and a little bit different. Why not grab you friend, mum, dad, brother or sister and treat them. Really show them how much you appreciate them.

I have a little story for you...


So ever since I can remember, a Valentines Day card always sneaks it's way through my letter box. Even as a single pringle I always had an admirer on the 14th of February without fail. I mean how lucky was I!

I used to pop downstairs and be greeted by my mum with a cuppa and then off to school, college or work. Off I went thinking of who the sweet card was off and if i would be lucky enough to receive a card number 2?  I never did and that is the end of that tiny glimmer of hope.

But this one card, the card that was just there waiting for me every single year really made my day. It made me feel special, keeping me guessing who had signed it with a big fat "Guess Who?"



It doens't take much to make someone feel special. I mean, yeah I get it and totally aboard the train
of why should you show your love to your other half one day of the year when you give so much love all year round. I just like to see all the shop decorations and to really take advantage of the two can dine at Marks & Sparks and the Valentines offers of chocolates, flowers and sweets. 


We are holding our first Afternoon Tea Club - Valentines Day on Sunday 14th February and we just can't wait. With only 4 spaces left at 6pm this will sell out so you better grab them fast.

The Menu is as follows…

Selection of Sandwiches : Ham & Wholegrain Mustard - Egg, Tomato & Pesto Mayo - Salami & Brie - Salmon, Rocket & Red Onion or Vegetarian - Egg, Tomato & Pesto Mayo - Red Pepper Humous & Sun-dried Tomato - Cream Cheese & Cucumber - Red Pepper & Goats Cheese.

Violet & Rose Water Scones with Clotted Cream & Strawberry Jam.

Slice of Cake : Eton Mess, Red Velvet, Black Forest, Nutella & Strawberry or one of our valentines cupcakes.

Unlimited Tea


Plus a glass of Prosecco on Arrival, A Red Rose and a Red Velvet Cupcake to take home with you. 

You can pop us an email at info@theoldeyoungteahouse.com to snap up the last few tables.


And who was my Valentines all these years after I hear you ask. It was my mum. 10/10 for effort as she would actually post it through the letter box as if my secret admirer had just so happened to walk past and hand deliver it. Too cute.


Now go give your loved ones a call and show them what they mean to you. My Mamma will be getting this sweetest Pandora* and I Love You Charm* as a little love gift off me this year.

Happy Valentines Week all.

Love Carli x

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Pinterest // Shop
Share:

2 comments

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig