Monday 29 February 2016

SPRING ESPRESSO


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. This pretty much sums up my life in a nutshell right about now. But let's not dwell on that and pop some ice into that homemade lemonade, put your feet up and give this little (long awaited) blog post a blooming good read.


Now if there is anything that is going to get me excited, more excited than going to see Busted in May, is Bacon. Oh, how I love you little sow.

I love bacon baps, rolls, wraps. Bacon in a tart, bacon in a cake, bacon wrapped around Asparagus. I would probably love a bacon milkshake if there was one going.

Have you ever tried one of these? Beats my rashers slapped in 2 slices of bread and a dollop of brown sauce any day of the week.



Hidden away on Fossgate you will find Spring Espresso. A quick bite, get a cuppa in ya type of place, recommended by fellow blogger Henry Carden of A Road to Nowhere - Confessions of a Holiday Addict.

I was told to try out the Posh Bacon Sandwich so off I popped on the train to York to try this out for myself. 




A little place with around 7 tables and a good old window seat you have to be very lucky to snap up a pew, especially on a weekend. As lady luck was on my side I managed to grab a seat and soaked up a busy, busy Sunday morn in York.



I had a right thirst on so 3 drink Carli came out to play. I opted for an Orange Juice, a glass of Water and a pot of tea to warm me through.

Blueberry Pancakes for Cousin John my Brummie side kick for the day. Stacked super high, these pancakes were so fluffy and light. 


Topped off with bacon and a side of walnuts, blueberry's and a glug of Maple Syrup what more could you really ask for?


Maybe that Posh Bacon Sandwich I have been banging on about.

Toasted Mustard Bread, oh my. It really was the bees knees. A dollop of Tomato Chutney and lashings of Bacon Rashers I was pretty much set for the day.


Spring Espresso really is a must. I have stopped by a few times and it really hits the spot. Sandwiches, cakes, pastries they all look, smell and taste amazing. So make sure you pop off the beaten track and go in search of some brilliant independents next time you are in York.

Support your independents and eat bacon.

Oink Oink.

Love Carli x












Share:

4 comments

  1. 10 out of 10 for getting a Busted reference in a post about bacon.

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you!! Anything for the Busted Boys and also Bacon x

      Delete
  2. oh me gosh, i've such mentioned this place to William as he lives in York, so guna hunt it down next time we're up :) I will let you know how I get on with the posh bacon sarnie…sounds/looks to die for!
    I've missed reading your blog lady!!!!!
    Betty x
    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, There will be plenty more now I am back on top form. Hope you had the best time!! Yes do pop in there the sandwich was great and them pancakes. Oh my. Hope we get to meet up this year at some point. x x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig