Sunday 1 February 2015

THE ULTIMATE ROCKY ROAD

I am super, super excited to share with you one of our easiest and most show stopping - more like door stopping - recipes. This is not for the faint hearted.




Check out what we cooked up this week - without any cooking actually, it just goes in the fridge - simple as that.

The Ultimate Rocky Road


250g butter
300g dark chocolate - I like to use 85% cocoa
300g milk chocolate
6 tablespoons of golden syrup
200g digestive biscuits
200g big marshmallows

1 large pan
1 loaf tin lined with cling film.

Grab your pan and away we go.

Put in all of the chocolate, butter and syrup and melt over a low heat.



Until it look a little something like this.


Then you get hold of your digestives.


And give them a god old bashing. I like to keep them quite chunky so when the rocky road is finished you get a nice crunch.


Add in these little crushed bits of gold and give it a good stir.



Add in the marshmallows.


I chopped them into three so there was some really big chunks of mallow in every bite.


Then give it another good stir - I told you this was easy.


Now you are ready to get this thing in the fridge.

I lined the loaf tin (which is already chocolate splattered) with some cling film, which will make it a lot easier to turn out when it is all nice and set.



Leave overnight for best result. I know, I know its tempting but it will be worth it I promise.

Give the tin a little bash so the chocolate becomes free and turn it out.

You have the biggest door stopper made from chocolate.


Give it a little loving sprinkle of icing sugar to add some extra sweetness.


Now you are free to chop this into however pieces as you wish. I decided to go for slices and stack them high.

And I tell you this. These little beauties did not last long in the tea house.




A huge thank you to tea lady Charley who helped out on the development of this one.

Happy Rocky Road making x
Share:

1 comment

  1. oommmmmmmm, nom nom, my mum makes a version of this called 'lumpy bumpy cake' - I don't know why she doesn't just call it Rocky Road , but uses a whole jar of chocolate spread instead of melting chocolate. I will definitely be giving this a whirl though!!!
    Betty x
    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig