Friday 1 July 2016

A TEA LADY WEDDING // THE VENUE

Holy macaroni where has this past week gone? I wish it had gone whilst I was enjoying eating huge bowls of macaroni but alas it wasn't, it has dissapeared before my eyes while I have been whipping my life back in to shape.


So what have I been up to? I started the Joe Wicks 90 Day SS plan, I cried on the first day and gave up. This my friends is exactly what I have been doing these past weeks. I have not even had chance to groom eyebrows into shape never mind fill you all in about my latest wedding news and the fact that, we have booked our venueeeeeee!!!

To be fair tea house duties do take over 90% of my life. 8% is sleeping, and 2% I spend time stroking my dog. 4 months to go till the big day and I have loved planning each and every part of it.

You can read my posts on what I got up to last month in Portugal while I was planning away, A Tea Lady Wedding // Lagos // Day 1 & A Tea Lady Wedding // Lagos // Day 2 & 3, but this my friends is all about my venue.




My original venue Taberna de Lagos unfortunately closed down last December and the future is still unknown of what it will be. I could have waited being little miss laid back and chanced it to maybe see if it would open before September but I just could not risk not having a venue boxed off over summer.  I was in search for a new venue and I was super excited to try out this place when it popped up on Trip Advisor during one of my late night searches. Oh,and their Instagram page is to die for.

May I introduce you lovely lot to Barbosa, my wedding venue.

Barbosa is a new bar and kitchen hidden down a little side street in good old Lagos. It was love at first sight when I stopped by for a beer and a little read of my book. The food, the ambience, the services is just the best. I could not be more happy that I stumbled across this place and the rest is history.




Everything is just so spot on here and the interior is just something else. The colours and textures just make me do a happy dance. I want to touch everything, eat everything and tell the world about what Barbosa has to offer.


Tiled walls, wooden tables and leather chairs, I am so happy we get to show our family and friends this special place in 4 months time.  




I chatted to the lovely Hanna about my idea of holding my wedding reception here and she loved the idea. A few messages have been sent back and forth about my ideas of food, drinks and music and we are pretty much set. It is all officially booked and we are currently working on the big days structure.

We have a few menus being drafted up with some utter delights on them because girl got to treat her guests. I shall popping back to Portugal in September sometime to finish off the little details and sign a few more papers. Then it will be the countdown to the big day at the end of October.




What do you guys think about my venue? It is right up my street. No frills, just a beautiful place, tasty food, good music and all my favourites in one place.

I want to say a huge thank you to Hanna who became an instant friend. I could not have asked for someone anymore chilled out helpful. The calm vibes from this gal has really helped with the smooth running of organising this wedding. Go Hanna! I can't wait to see your face in September.

Love Carli x

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Pinterest

Share:

9 comments

  1. This sounds perfect. The venue looks stunning and knowing you it will be looking even better on the day. Can't wait to see what it looks like on the day! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Danni. The venue is so sweet and the food and drink is amazing. Can;t wait to share more on here x x

      Delete
  2. Carli this looks so so beautiful and compleeeeeetely up my street too, completely relaxed, love all the details of the plant pots, tiles, oars, aaaaahhh I want to plan a wedding! Cannot wait to see all your pictures now! You're guna look beaut and it'll be all sunshiney !!!! :) :) so excited for you.
    Betty x
    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty!!! It will be the same likes as we are twins don't you see!! Isn't it just beautiful. So light and airy and bright. The food is amazing!! Hahahah I have loved it you know... not too stressful. I mean the sunshine helps! Let me know when you head up to York soon please!! x x

      Delete
  3. This venue is stunning, what a beautiful place to get married!

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww isn't it just Lizzie!! Lagos is the sweetest little town. I love it so much x x

      Delete
  4. It looks so beautiful, I can't wait to celebrate here with you a Dan! Those tiles are a photographer's dream.

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to show you my angel face!! Not long to go now and we can take soooo many photos by the tiles... having a night on the tiles. Lolllzzzzz x x

      Delete
  5. Awwww thank you Ana. I can't wait for a read of your blog :) Can't wait to share more x x

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig