Sunday 25 January 2015

CANTEEN AND COCKTAILS LAUNCH NIGHT

If there is a promise of a burger then I am anybody's. Like if I am sad or ill or being a slug tell me you will take me for a burger and I am all yours.

The other week I had the pleasure of being invited to the launch night of Canteen and Cocktails. A new foodie place place opened in Norton which is about a 20 minute drive from Middlesbrough.




This place looks fantastic with a lot of planning and effort gone in to making this atmosphere something really special.




As soon as I entered it reminded me of some of my favourite haunts in London. The huge lights and fixtures, original brickwork and steel girders bringing it back home and stripping it down to being bare and industrial.

The focus is on the food and cocktails of course.





Plenty of seating set out in rows just like an american canteen. I love this idea of all sitting together. Something that makes a food experience that little bit different. There is also seating where you can sit in smaller groups if you wish to too. There a little something for everyone.


I got to work on my cocktail chips straight away ordering my favourite a margarita while he ordered a bloody mary which blew our heads off. With a added side of bacon. I was won over.



The Chicken and Chorizo burger was unbelievable. Melt in you mouth chicken and the saltiness of the chorizo was a perfect combination - but topped with a toasted brioche bun I may or  may not have had seconds. I will leave that decision up to you.

It looked that good I forgot to get my camera snapping away - can you spot the lipstick stain?!


From the enamel plates that your food comes out on to the mugs of beef jerky you can chew down on. What is not to love about this place?


Chicken wings were flowing and the cocktails kept a coming. we will be visiting again very soon for that rack of ribs my friends. Don't you worry about that.







The bathrooms are downstairs in the basement and are really something special.



Thank you canteen and cocktails you really did treat us. Make sure you pay them a visit at Number 1 High Street Norton x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig