Sunday 23 April 2017

GISBOROUGH HALL


I always like something to look forward to to spur me on in life. My friends have been telling me to take more time for myself and I have been trying my god damn hardest to, so when Gisborough Hall invited me to spend a night to celebrate being flirty & 30 I thought why the devil not.

I mean who would turn down a 19th century mansion overlooking Roseberry Topping? You would be mad not too.

I arrived late afternoon for check in and sat in the newly refurbished drawing room for a quick catch up with Nicola about the exciting new plans for Gisborough Hall. It is their 15th birthday this year and there is plenty of offers and events planned throughout the year. I have my eye on Pudding Club and Tapas on the Terrace but there is plenty to choose from over on their brand spanking new website.




It was the first real week of Spring and I was in a super good mood. Not only because it was my birthday but I feel like I needed to welcome in some positivity with positivity. A mini break to Gisborough Hall could most certainly help me on my way with that. Just a little.




Up to the room we went with the sweetest check in service from the ladies on reception. As I always have a quick look online at what hotel rooms look like I can tell you I was super excited. Even more so when the receptionist said that this room was her favourite. She wasn't flaming kidding either! The room wasn't a room it was a suite with more chairs than I knew what to do with them. There was a dressing room, bathroom and a free standing bath right at the end of my bed. This is definitely the way I want to spend a birthday.




I kicked off my shoes and slotted my little trotters into the complementary slippers and donned my Gisborough Hall dressing gown. Donned, wow! What a word!

I am one of the most nosiest people in the world so I opened every single drawer, sniffed every single bathroom product and sat on/in every chair, bath and bed to just get a feel of the place. Don't tell me you guys don't do this too. I had absolute interior envy. The blinds matched the wallpaper which complimented the sandstone rooms, down to the final touches of vases, clocks and lamps. This room was designed to perfection.

It was feet up for an hour until it was time for dinner, taking in this beautiful room. Original sandstone windows made me feel like Rapunzel, but I wouldn't be trying to escape if I had to live here for the rest of my life, not ever. Lock me in and throw away the key.





As our dinner reservation was upon us it was time to drift back down to the drawing room and take a peek at the wine list.  I opted for a Pinot Grigio and it was just what I needed. As the table became available we walked through to Chaloner's Restaurant and were seated by the window which over looked the whole room. Perfect for a good old people watch.

Dinner was in a class of its own, with dishes on this menu that I had been excited about for weeks.

I opted for the Goats Cheese Pannacotta, Yorkshire Beetroot Textures, Goats Cheese Bon Bons, while my guest went for Pan Fried Gnocchi, Wild Mushrooms, Spinach & Parmesan Crust. I had the ultimate food envy as when Gnocchi is done right it tastes an absolute dream.

Another round of drinks to compliment the main were delivered to the table. I went for the Baked Yorkshire Dales Rump of Lamb, Confit Belly, Crispy Sweetbread, Honey Roasted Parsley Root & Bee Pollen. I know, check me out! Sweetbread! Can we not! I had to Google that bad boy. Oh my! My guest went for fish dish of Seared Sea Bream, Baby Fennel. Sauerkraut, Smoked Bacon & Sea Sprigs. Some ultimate choices right there if you ask me.

I am totally keeping all of the food sacred for another post so I can't let you in on too many visuals but it was delightful. Check this out Tea Bee's you don't have to be a guest to fill your faces with these utter delights. You can book online and come for a swanky ass meal in a blooming mansion anytime. The perfect way to relax.




Plans to head into Guisborough went on hold as a food coma over took the pair of us. A celebratory Guinness at the bar was on order as it was St Patrick's Day after all. Followed by a plate full of fudge to top the night off before we retired to our room.

Walking back into Mrs Bruce's Room took me by surprise. A good surprise. Our room had been 'turned down' I think that's the lingo. The lamps were on and there was a hot chocolate by both sides of the bed and some truffles and biscuits on the pillows. Hello! They know me too well!

Because I am still pretty freaking obsessed with Broadchurch I thought it would top the eve off with an episode or two of it in that free standing, sexy ass bath with a glass of prosecco and soak my twenties away. So that is just what I did. Until I resembled an actual prune.





As soon as my head hit that pillow I was a gone, falling off to sleep in a huge cloud of love with so much space to spread out and snore my evening away.

To wake up in such a spacious room to the sounds of sweet nothing was so peaceful. A morning of 60 Minute Makeover, a quick pack of the case and a packed up breakfast from the lovely chef to see us on our way was the perfect Spring morn.




I need to take these mini breaks a hell of a lot more often. Just getting away 20 minutes down the road to no noise and no distractions was a slice of heaven.

Guisborough is not too far from Middlesbrough and you actually feel right out in the sticks and the perfect trip away for a little treat. It was so quiet and you can zone out and not have to worry about a thing which is what I am all about right now.

I would like to thank Gisborough Hall for an absolute treat of a birthday weekend. I will most definitely be back for a stay and Tapas on the Terrace without a doubt.

Love Carli x

*My weekend stay was complementary of Gisborough Hall. All opinions and being completely blown away are 100% genuine. I mean come on. Look at this place.

















.
.
.

































Share:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow! Climbing Roseberry Topping is on my 40 Before 40 list so maybe I should make it into a whole weekend thing and book a night away, Gisborough Hall looks beautiful. I wonder if I leave this page open my husband will take the hint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Do it! It is such a nice climb too! Get yourself there! Gisborough Hall is just beautiful!! x

      Delete
  2. This looks stunning! :) I want to stay here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't get over this great place I recently visited! This isn't only a good place. It is also one of the best around here. There isn't a listing of the unique offerings, although there should be! These Los Angeles venues were magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig