Wednesday 12 October 2016

DINNER // CURING HOUSE


We all know how much I love a good tasty meal now don't we?

I took a little brunch trip to the newest foodie joint in town, The Curing House a few months back which you can read about by clicking the linky, link, link below.


I have been back a few times since that trip to sample their evening treats which have not been a disappointment in any way shape or form. I was honoured to be invited to attend their first bloggers event last month to chow down on some delights and hear all about why this place is so special. I got to learn about their different cuts of meat, menu and to sip on their carefully selected drinks menu which is always a bonus for this crazed foodie over here.

But first I am going to tease you with this.



The Curing House is perfectly situated right at the back of Tea House HQ. Arn't we so darn lucky?!

They offer the finest hams, chorizo and salami's this side of the River Tees and a dab hand at whipping up homemade bread, pickles and chutneys to accompany one of my most favourite cheese boards I have tasted in a long time.

They even cure their own bacon. Erm hello!




Right are you ready for this? It is a huge foodie post so if you are hungry grab a ham sandwich and head back over.

First up, after a huge glass of white wine, was this mouth watering Charcuterie Plate of Salami and Chorizo. I am a sucker for knowing where my food is from, who helps get it from farm to well, my face and these guys sure know their stuff.

Accompanied with a platter of pickled delights I felt like I could live here forever.



I love the look of this place. It is quite Mad Man-esque, which I am all over like a rash.

The tiled floor, the yellow and black heated seats, the mis match chairs are right up my street and I think I have some major interior envy right now.

Such a cosy atmosherhe that makes you want to sit and sip (and eat) the night away enjoying some sweet company and chatting till your hearts content.




A little beef and horseradish aperitif before the main event. 




And a blooming main event it was. I was utterly stuffed to the brim with this feast.

Dish 1 - Roast duck breast, crispy leg fritter, fondanct potato, radish, greens and smoked rubard.

Dish 2 - Beef skirt steak, salt baked beetroot, oxtail and chorizo suet pudding, cavolo nero and beer onion jus.

Yup, sounds so posh for a girl like me right? But this went down a storm. You really need to come and try this place for yourself because even these photos don't do it justice. You will most definately not be dissaponted with so much to choose from on the menu and specials board. I have been a few times and it las left me wanting to visit time and time again. If anyone wants to pencil me in feel free, I am all over this.

Megan and I are suckers for sharing as we get food envy like no other, so before we even had chance to pick a dish from the menu we had eyeballed each other knowing we would be sharing and getting the best of both worlds.


And guys "I love a cheeseboard'. I am known to not even order a main course if there is a cheeseboard on offer. I will pick a tasty small starter and snaffle down a board on my very own without coming up for air. This board was not to be sniffed at either, sniff, smelly cheese, you get it? There was a fair few delights that I have never tried or even seen in my life. There was even a cheese that is made to hold Champagne in the well at the top!




Of course I had room for dessert. Who doesn't always find a tiny bit of space left to top yourself up on a sugary high?

I opted for the Chocolate Ganache, Baked White Chocolate, Chocolate Brownie, Steeped Cherries and Cherry Ice Cream which babycakes is all gluten free! I did also partake in some taste testing of the Lemon Curd Tart, San Pellegrino Sorbet, Confit Orange. The merginge was the best thing I have ever tasted in a long time and I could have ate a whole wheelbarrow full. I had a dippy tongue moment of trying the Sticky Figgy Pudding, Toffee Caramel, Candy Pecan and Vanilla Seed Ice Cream which was just delightful and very Autumnal for this hibernation season. I better get the old baking tins out and whip up some of this for you lovely lot.

It was a blooming treat to stop by one of my favourite foodie joints in Middlesbrough to date and get to sample some utter delights. Thank you Declan for organising this you are a dreamboat.

You can find The Curing House at 21-23 Bedford Street, Middlesbrough, TS1 2LL

Love Carli x

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Pinterest

Share:

1 comment

  1. I love what you have done to this day - you can't do better than that. Love the sound of everything about it. And yes, this is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig