Wednesday 9 March 2016

TURTLE BAY


'Sittin' on the dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll away'

Maybe try 'Sittin' at Turtle Bay' - it just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? Oh well let's press on. 

I had an afternoon off a few weeks ago and headed to my much loved York to basically eat my body weight in fudge, bacon and anything I set my sights on.



Walking down the cobbles of this amazing city I spotted Turtle Bay by the twinkling fairy lights and unreal colour combination that was just so eye catching. It was a no brainier that I had to go inside and try out what the devil it had to offer.

Seeing as this place turned out to be Caribbean I thought I would jump in straight away with the whole jerk thing as I  have never tried it before and always up for trying new things.




Now let me tell you a little bit about this place as it seems too good to be true. It honestly does. It is bloomin' fabulous. The interior is amazing and really authentic. You can take a seat at the shack bar right at the front of the restaurant for drinks and nibbles or you can munch you way down in various sections of this reggae room and soak up some home cooked Caribbean cuisine.

A One Pot Goat Curry was most definitely going to be tried here. Curry, chilli, sweet potatoes, Caribbean dumplings and side of rice and peas for good measure.


A platter of Jerk Pit BBQ Chicken was a must. A 24 hours marinated chicken breast with sour orange chutney, coconut shavings with a Caribbean slaw and sweet potato fries. It was only polite to wash this down with the 2 for 1 Raspberry Reggae Cocktail made with white rum of course, raspberries, fresh lime and club soda.


Sides of plantain and sweet corn fritters caught my eye so they were obviously called for.






I love trying something a little bit different. As you all know how much I love my home town there is just some culture lacking when it comes to true Caribbean, Asian and Japanese cuisine. It is super easy to jump on a train to York from Middlesbrough and surrounding areas to try out some amazing foodie places to eat. With York being a mere 1 hour train ride away it means you can have a few drinks in the city too in one of their fantastic boozers and little bars.




Make sure you give this place a try if you fancy something a little different next time you are in York. 

Turtle Bay, 11 Little Stonegate, York, YO1 8AX

Happy jerking Wednesday all.

Love Carli x














Share:

2 comments

  1. Did you know we've just had one open in Newcastle too? I'm obsessed, the food is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally saw this the week I went it opened. I need to try up there too. Far too many dishes that make my mouth water. x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig