Friday 3 April 2015

MORTY & BOB'S

Now I am not too sure what you guys would do for a 'grilled cheese'? More known to us Northerners as a good old cheese toastie, this grilled toastie packs a heck of a lot more love than simply popping some cheddar into an old school trianglular toastie machine! There's no burnt edges here and it certainly doesn't resemble the kind of cardboard that you risk breaking your nashers for... this is the real deal.




Getting back to that point I would do quite a lot to get my mitts on a state of the art grilled cheese.

I popped down to the big smoke for a very exciting meeting last week and I decided to take a look at my ever growing list of foodie places to visit. Morty & Bob's was a top of that list.



Hidden away at the back of Broadway Market is Netil Market this is where this little delight is found.


Morty & Bob's is named after the brainchild behind this cheese shack, Charlie's grandparents:  Grandpa Morty and Grandad Bob.

Let's get down to business.

A simple and sleek menu. You can choose from...

STRAIGHT UP - Grilled Cheese and Onions.

CRISPY BACON - I got this one - Grilled Cheese, Crispy Bacon, Tomato and Avo Salsa.

PULLED PORK - Grilled Cheese, Onion, Pulled Pork and BBQ Sauce


With a three-cheese blend on artisan soughdough these guys are really not messing around. With all the ingredients sourced within one mile of the shack (they use Neal's Yard Dairy for the cheese) this place is right up my street.

Don't forget the sweet potatoes fries.





My friend decided to get his chops round a CLAW Burger from you guessed it, CLAW, which is right next door to Morty & Bob's. Such a good call... but I really needed cheese that day.


I was lucky enough to be down here for a weekend, as usually I pop down mid-week as Tea House HQ can be very busy over the weekends.


If you love cheese as much as I do, and avocado and ooh bacon, you gotta go give this a try. Just make sure you are prepared to queue.. it's totally worth the wait!

Marty & Bob's Netil Market, 11-25 Westgate Street, Hackney, E8 3RL - Open Saturday 11am - 4pm

Hope you are all having a great Bank Holiday Weekend x


Share:

3 comments

  1. This sounds yum! Especially the sweet potato fries! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the BEST!! Honestly Danni you would have loved it.. we love fooood x

      Delete
  2. oooooo yes yes and thrice yes ! ! I love cheese, I love avo and I love bacon! Ergo - get in my mouth Morty and Bobs! I've never been to Broadway or Netil market I will definitely be checking it out though!! Thank you for letting me know !!
    Betty x
    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig