Monday 19 June 2017

ROCKLIFFE HALL // THE BRASSERIE


I can feel a whole lot of food posts heading your way guys. I just can't flipping stop eating as of late. I may have some sort of tape worm that constantly needs feeding or I am just one greedy ass girl. I am going to go with Tony the Tape Worm because being glutenous without an excuse is not hot.

I have been one lucky girl recently spending a fair few days up at Rockliffe Hall doing various things from chilling in the Spa Garden to living it up with Cattle & Cane on a post coming very soon!

This time I was invited to chow down on a three course lunch as part of their Ultimate Luxury Spa Day and I had a blooming blast. Spa, food, wine, massage. This is the way to my heart let me tell you.

I was seated in The Brasserie overlooking the golf course and what a stunning day it was too. I had picked my lunch choice on the morning when I got there so it was out ever so promptly. Nothing worse than hangry northerner now is there?

I opted for Ham Hock with Quails Egg and a good old dollop of Piccalilli. One of my granny guilty pleasures those yellow pickles if there is one. Every week when I was a nipper I would head up to my Aunt Lil's with my Nana and we would treat ourselves to sausage rolls and Piccalilli. Now a week doesn't go by without me dipping a bit of sausage in luminous yellow pickles. I am a treat aren't I?!




It was swiftly onto the main after inhaling that delish Ham Hock. Service was as smooth as a snow cloud and super attentive but not over bearing.

As this Spa Day was a treat I didn't hold back with my food choices. If I wasn't going to snaffle down a steak today then when would I? Before I knew it the steak was placed in from too me, a side of fries, salad and a little pot of Peppercorn Sauce. It was the perfect amount for a hungry chilled out girl.

I obviously needed to leave some room for dessert, tea, biscuits and whatever else was to be thrown my way so I took five to have a read of my book and sip on my wine.

I have never really been one to treat myself to a Spa Day but this one is definitely one I will be trying out again. There are a few different packages that I have my eye on from Summer Night Twilight Experience to the Hidden Treasures Spa Day. Go take peek on website and let me know what you fancy!




Tea was served with a cheeky little chocolate chip flour cake on the side. A hot pot of Breakfast Tea was my tea of choice for this brew session. I am a stickler for a good old brekkie tea there is something so comforting to sip on a good old traditional brew,




I did let my hair down with dessert. A Dark Chocolate Orange Tart with Sorbet and some Chocolate Soil. Check me out, eating chocolate soil. I had to refrain from licking my plate with this little number, you think I am joking! I just couldn't bring myself to face plant such a fine piece of crockery in this type of establishment now could I? I do want to allowed to go back to soak up some more spa days.




This day was proving to be absolutely blooming fantastic. It was most definitely needed so thank you Rockliffe Hall for making me chill the devil out. I sat back, read my book and took in the beauty of this hotel. I think I need to head back over for a mini stay and pretend I am a princess for the eve.

Before I knew it, it was time for my 40 minute deep tissue massage just to put the cherry on the top of this amazing day. I am such a sucker for a massage so I was looking forward to this so much. Get those elbows dug right into my back and get those flaming knots out.

I then took to the Cocktail Bar for a quick catch up with Claudia over a fresh squeezed orange juice and little walk around the grounds to see what exciting new plans this hall has. It is pretty flaming exciting and I can't wait to head back to see what this summer has to offer.

Who else is a sucker for a Spa Day? Aren't they the total best?

Love Carli x



* I was an honoured guest if Rockliffe Hall's for this Spa Day but all opinions and steak munching mess was all my own.



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig