Saturday 16 April 2016

THE NUTHATCH // SUPPORT YOUR INDEPENDENTS

I love a good cocktail. And when I mean a good cocktail, I really mean a 'good' cocktail.  I guess I am a self confessed Cocky T snob when it comes to some liquor in a fancy glass. Who woulda guessed it?!  I like places that take cocktail making to another level. I like consistency and I really don't mind waiting if it is going to be extra special. I don't ask much do I? 


Looks are not everything either. It can walk the walk but can it talk the talk? When I heard through the grapevine that Middlesbrough was getting a new cocktail bar I was a little sceptical. Snob Carli was out in full force, but let me reassure you, there was no need.

As a huge supporter of independent businesses, especially in my home town, I thought it was only fair to pop by and try out some of the new delights that Middlesbrough's newest developed street had to offer. More on some of the other independents soon. 

I want to introduce you to pit stop number one The Nuthatch.


This place has me doing hearts eyes every turn I take. From the exposed brickwork, exotic foliage and industrial interior this place is just wonderful.





A place perfect for after work drinks, a casual cocktail or a group gathering they really have thought of everything. 

I popped along to soak up some cocktails in the rain with fellow cocktail lover Megan to give some of these treats a whirl.

We popped our hineys on the window bench and chatted the afternoon away. Who knew how much you have to catch up on if you haven't seen each other for week. Girls huh?

We got to watch the master at work shake up a few cocktails for us. Master Matthew - I like it, has quite the ring to it.




This Ginger Chickadee kicked started our afternoon to perfection. With a super balance of Vodka, Grapefruit and homemade Rhubarb Syrup this cocktail is superb. Shaken with egg whites, yeah I know, ergh, or so I thought too. How very wrong I was. The egg whites make for an ultimate creamy consistency and the perfect component for this ginger treat.



The Elyxir, well this really is something special. Not only is it shaken up with some of our very own Hibiscus Flower Tea and Sweet Vermouth this little number gets served up in a huge copper pineapple that would not look a foot out of place on Pinterest. 




Full of flavour, you really have to treat yourself to this once in a while.

This place really is the cocktail bar to try this summer, with reservations quickly getting fully booked over weekends you gotta be quick. Matthew and his team of shakers are at your every beck and call taking this experience to another level. 

I just can't wait to drink my way through their menu and sample all the tipples. 


Check Middlesbrough out absolutely owning life right now. We are most certainly going up in the world and I couldn't be anymore excited about being part of this amazing independent community.

The Nuthatch can be found at 9-11 Bedford Street, Middlesbrough, TS1 2LL

Love Carli x

*I was lucky enough to be asked to go along to sample some delish cocktails on behalf of The Nuthatch. All opinions are my own, of course.

Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Pinterest






















Share:

4 comments

  1. This place looks STUNNING! I can't wait to go and try out the cocktails! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so tasty and they use some of our tea in their cocktails too x x

      Delete
  2. These cocktails look amazing!
    I probably wouldn't have opted for one with egg whites in if I was just looking at the menu but the Ginger Chickadee looks and sounds delicious.

    Bedford Street is really up and coming - can't wait to try out some of the places!

    www.numbertwentysix.co.uk

    Kirsty xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. it's not really up my street BUT it was freaking amazing!! Ooohhh I am spending far too much time there at the moment. Yes let me know what you think Kirsty :) x x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig