Friday 22 April 2016

ROME // PART 1

As I sit here with my pug dog on my lap and the neighbour cutting his lawn, I am dreaming of last month when I was sat with an Aperol Spritz in one hand a huge slab of crunchy bruschetta in the other. I am casting my mind back to soaking up some rays and exploring one of the most prettiest cities I have ever visited in my 29 years. Rome you stole a little piece of my heart!

Now what I should have done is wrote these posts up when I got back instead of torturing myself by editing these beautiful pictures.

Take me back.



I visited Rome a week after my birthday last month. Tea Lady Pennie and I felt we deserved a little break away from tea lady duties and zoomed off into the sky and headed for Europe. It would mean Pennie would be spending her 21st birthday while we were away so this trip was extra special indeed.

I ain't gonna lie, I got a little snap happy so there will be a few posts heading your way. Maybe a little bit of inspiration for you this summer?

I should have really called this post 'Rooftops of Rome' as looking back at these photos. I am sure thats all I took. I instantly fell in love with this place and makes me want to explore so much  more of Italy. Eating pizza and of course drinking Aperol Spritz till I turn orange in the face.



Well, what did we do?

We went to Rome with no real itinerary, which isn't like us at all. We wanted to see the Vatican in all it's Angels and Demons glory, pop to the Trevi Fountain and make a wish or two, Lizzie McGuire style, and head up to the Colosseum. We spent a good 10 minutes in each of these places taking photos and wrestling with the crowds for the perfect insta post. Why did we think it was a good idea to head to the most religious city on earth at Easter?





A couple of days was just perfect to spend here. We are more about the cobbled streets than Coco Chanel, so we spent more time chatting away and getting lost down little side streets,

I did not really know what to expect of Rome as travel books get really deep in history, which don't get me wrong I do love but I also want to know some hidden gems to eat and drink at. We walked for hours and hours and boy, did we discover some absolute treats.

We booked our sweet little getaway, Hotel La Rovere through Expedia, and it was in the most perfect of locations. A swift 5 minute walk to the Vatican and a little 15 minute stroll to Trastevere and beyond. We also bagged some cheap ass flights from Manchester Airport too.





Now, Rome was not as expensive as what everyone made out. I mean, it can be if you don't want to explore and find some hidden gems down the more traditional cobbled streets. You pay no more that 6 euro for a pizza or 8 euro for a big bowl of fresh pasta.






 On the day of Pennie's birthday we took a boat trip up the River Tiber and jumped off at a little island called Isola Tiberina. We popped our map safely away in our bags and explored Rome tea lady style. We walked and explored for hours on end stopping off for a couple of tipples of Limoncello and truffles. According to my health data I managed to rack up an outstanding 80,000 steps in three days.




I will be posting out a few more posts about my time in Rome. Where I love and what I urge you to go and do if you ever plan to visit.

What do you think of my travel posts? I truly love writing them.

Love Carli x



















Share:

4 comments

  1. Oh it looks bloody beautiful! Pictures are absolutely gorgeous babes.

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do not think I have done it justice even with these pictures. I was utterly beautiful. Thank you sweetness x

      Delete
  2. Fab post! I'm going to Italy in June - we're staying in Lake Garda and going to Venice for the day. I'm so excited to see all the sights and eat all the food and drink all the wine <3

    Rome looks amazing too! Looking forward to your next post :)

    www.numbertwentysix.co.uk

    KT xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty :) Ohhhh I have been looking at The Londoners posts as she it there now and I really want to go that area next. Looks unreal. Eat everything please and think of me. Rome was truly fantastic and can't wait to share more soon x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig