Wednesday 22 March 2017

ROCKLIFFE HALL // SPA GARDEN


Happy Birthday month to me. Is it just me or has this one blooming flew by?

I can honestly say I have been welcoming in this month with open arms. The first day of Spring has sprung, but last week we were lucky enough to have a sneak peek of what this season has in store for us on the weather front.

What better way to start celebrating being flirty thirty than a little trip to Rockliffe Hall to get pampered? You all know me by now if you follow me on Instagram that I am an utter Boro loving girl so heading up to Hurworth where the Middlesbrough Football Club Training Ground is was no hardship.

Patrick, I'm over here, Patrick!


Rocklike Hall is situated in Hurworth right near Darlington and a mere 20 minutes drive from good old Middlesbrough. The journey flew by while I was reliving my youth blasting out The Used and bringing out a little bit of my inner emo teenage self.

As I wheel spun into the car park in my Citroen C1, I was so excited. I grabbed my bag and camera and headed straight into the spa.



I was greeted with smiles all round, a pair of slip slips and a comfy ass dressing gown and I was ready to roll into the famous Spa Garden. I was totally taken aback by how beautiful this Spa Garden is. You can take in some wonderful calming views of Rockliffe's grounds, 365 acres to be exact, while lazing in the infinity pool and relaxing to the max. I have been to Rockliffe Hall in the past but this was by far THE best experience that was totally needed.

This place is, how can I put it? Absolutely class. The Spa Garden is just big enough to have a blooming lovely time in and not feel over crowded. Well, saying that it couldn't be crowded as there was only me and a lovely gentleman from York in it. We had the place completely to ourselves so we were super lucky. Relaxing over copious glasses of iced tea and chatting our favourite spa days, 2 hours of absolute heaven flew by.





Unlimited fresh fruit, nuts & berries, iced tea and water, I got straight to work making myself pretend I was a health queen and polished off about 7 oranges. I didn't even know I liked them that much until I was peeling back the waxy orange skin and inhaling the segments like I had never been fed.

I could honestly move in here if they would let me. I think every girl should have a glass fronted sauna at hand a Tepidarium bed wherever she may go.




Before I knew it my time was up in the Spa Garden of dreams and it was lunch time, my favourite time of the day.

A quick chatter with Michelle Gibson (Boro's homegrown, much loved player, Ben Gibson's mama) and I was ready to snaffle a three courser and drown in wine.

I was treated to some beautiful food which was delightful. This lunch will be up in another post soon as I feel it deserved it's own page.





After heading into a food coma I was swiftly shown to the next part of my Spa Day, which was just what the doctor ordered. A deep tissue massage by the lovely Steph who I told not to hold back and get every single knot out of my body. 45 minutes of absolute bliss flew by and I am pretty sure, like 100% positive I snored and woke myself up 3 times.

As the sun was setting it was the perfect ending to a wonderful day. I felt so calm and I definately needed some 'me' time where I could spend the whole day not feeling guilty and just focus on myself and eating oranges until they were coming out of my ears.

A little wander round Rockliffe's grounds to take in the beauty of the 18th century building and snap some glorious photo's of the place and I was ready for home, sort of, not really, but I had to leave at some point right?

I got into my car a new woman. So calm and ready to take on the rest of the year.



If you fancy some 'me' time get yourself booked into this five star dream of a place for a little treat. You will not be disappointed. In fact I am already looking to go back early summer for a pick me up because why blooming not. You are only 30 once.

Love Carli x


*I was a lucky lucky birthday guest of Rockliffe Hall but my time spent here was an absolute ball and opinions are my very own.







Share:

1 comment

  1. When you are certain of a specific organization that offers quality threading temples administrations, you can call them. waxing salons near me

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig