Thursday 1 December 2016

CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST


If I could date the meaning of brunch I would be first in line. I would speed date the shit out of it and never let it out of my sight.

There is something so ‘get in my face’ about it that really excites me.


Breakfast is good don’t get me wrong but for me it's all about it's deeper meaning full older brother, Brunch. 

Breakfast can also be a little too early for me. I need to settle into my mornings, feeding little Murphy with one eye open and filling the kettle for a brew. I like to build up an appetite then eat something proper because you should in a morning or you may die right? I like to hold out for a flipping feast if I can, Eggs Benedict, pancakes, waffles, a Full English and plate full of french toast, with bacon of course is what I am talking about.

I wanted to share with you one of my all time favourite brunch recipes because I just like to treat you all don’t I.



What you will need :

1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons of butter
4 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
Loaf of brioche bread - I used 8 slices for this.
Maple Syrup
Handful of berries
3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon

Now are you ready? I am telling you this is super easy too. I could easily eat this for each and every meal of the day.




In a bowl mix together the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.


In a pan melt up that butter and pop it into a frying pan or skillet ready for your dippy bread.



Add your eggs and milk into your spice mixture and give it a good old stir.



Pour the mixture into a bowl big enough to dip your bread into and let it soak up all this goodness for a minute or two before turning it over and giving the other side some loving.

While you are doing this fry/grill off some bacon until it is nice and crispy.

Pop the toast into a pan and let it fry for a couple of minutes. Turn it over and there you have it, a breakfast of blooming champions.

I am a huge fan of breakfast in bed and how can I not be when I have the worlds most comfiest mattress from Eve Mattress




A full day working from home can give me a little bit of cabin fever so  breakfast like this really perks me up. I think I have the comfiest office desk when I work from home. Snuggled up with a hot water bottle writing a new menu whilst sitting in a cloud can be quite dangerous. I have to try not to slump into a French Toast nana nap which is a battle in itself.

I love to eat, sleep, and write so this is living the dream for me, until I need to go wash the pots that is.

What is your favourite thing to brunch on? Throw some love my way and I will send some your way as you can get £50 off at the Eve Mattress checkout using the code TEABEE50. Go, go go.

Love Carli x



// Photos by Carli Mac & Jess Elliott \\


Share:

2 comments

  1. This looks amazing! I really want to make this for breakfast next weekend! Only thing is I don't think you said what to do with the butter? :/ I may have misread it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo easy. AND>>>> I have seen a Nutella one too so we will both be making this at the weekend.

      Yup I missed that bad boy out. I have changed the post but you use it fry your bread in. Get it posted to Instagram and give me a tag so I can drool away x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig