Sunday 17 May 2015

MRS PUMPHREY'S CURIOUS LEAVES TEA BAR

I ventured out of Teesside last week to pop up to Newcastle and take a walk around my favourite market. Grainger Street Market - just on the corner of Nelson Street and Grainger Street. It is so dated, but so blooming fabulous that it makes me feel all warm inside. It is a Grade 1 listed building and has been providing trade for 100 stalls for well over 175 years.

Full to the brim of independent such as Sloppy Joe's Street Food, Pet Lamb Patisserie, Mmm, and one of the oldest looking Marks & Spencer's stalls I've ever laid eyes on - this place is awesome.

After a quick pit stop to see the lovely girls at Pet Lamb and a dessert of Pizza: you know me, never one for sticking by the structure of food! I started to head out not really noticing anything new, apart from a hippy Turkish type stall and wait for it....... MRS PUMPHREY'S CURIOUS LEAVES TEA BAR.




This was totally like an "oh my days" moment! As if I actually caught Santa coming down the chimney. I don't have a chimney, so as you can probably tell right now - I was pretty darn excited.

So off I went to investigate... and buy loads of tea of course.

The whole set up is exactly like the coffee stall just around the corner. So many flavours and types of tea to choose from. I was certain I had tried them all until I spotted some loose leaf lime. I am a sucker for anything lime so stumbling across this really was fate.



Their little stand is full of delights, with a small seating area where you can take a load off and indulge in some yummy cakes and scones.



Samples to sniff are right out on the counter so you can try before you buy. Plenty of tea accessories too such as pots, infusers, timers and tea cosies.



Since 1750 this family have been roasting up and producing coffee beans and then venturing into loose leaf.


These gents were super super friendly and just like all of our tea girls love what they do. I mean drinking tea all day really is the best job.


Make sure sure you pop by and give the Pumphrey's stalls a go. You will be supporting your independents and having a good old brew at the same time. Win, win situation right there.


You can find this little treat at Unit 5-6, Alley 1, Grainger Market, Newcastle.

Happy tea drinking x


Share:

3 comments

  1. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. See the link below for more info.


    #curious
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos :) I've been meaning to go for ages but haven't got round to it yet - really must put that right!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place sounds lovely! I do love a good cuppa! :D

    xox

    ReplyDelete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig