Sunday 10 August 2014

CRUNCHY CARROT CAKE

I can not believe it is August already. Like seriously where did the time go? We have had plenty and plenty of weddings to prep for this year creating some mean flavours and bringing back some oldies. As this month has already started and I feel totally behind with this blogging I thought I would kick it back off with a recipe.


I am one for strange flavours, I love a mix of sweet AND savoury together. Cheese and Onion crisps and a Toblerone anyone? No? Just me....Well this kicks me off with a recipe for a recent favourite. Like I actually can't get enough of carrot cake right now. I've always thought it has a bit of an old gross stigma attached to it but OH MY DAYS.. that cream cheesed frosting. That moist moist sponge, Them crunchy nuts and one of your five a day you can't go wrong.


So here we have Tea Lady Carli's Crunchy Carrot Cake....
200g Soft Brown Sugar 200g Sunflower Oil 3 Eggs 200g Self Raising Flour 1 and a half teaspoons of Baking Powder 2 teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon Half a teaspoon of Salt 200g Grated Carrots (of course) 150g of mixed nuts (we smashed these up real small)


Frosting
125g Soft Butter 225g Crean Cheese 450g Icing Sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract Dash of lime juice
Now this doesn't really take long to mix up it's the baking that does so once its in... just take a little rest (or write up the recipe like me) and have a brew.
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees aniline a 8" round cake tin.
Put the sugar and oil in a bowl and beat together till it become quite thick and silky. Pop in the eggs and beat until it turns a paler brown and looks all fluffy.

In another bowl add together your dry ingredients - the flour,baking powered,cinnamon and salt and sift into the other mixture. I used a metal spoon and gently folded it in.





Add the main event - the carrots and the smashed up nuts. Give one last big mix and pour into your tray.




Pop the kettle on and have a brew while this could take 1hour and half to 2 to cook through. Trust me this is well worth the wait.
Once you have done the 'cooked test' popping a knife into the centre and making sure it come sour clean you are ready to take it out and put in on the cooling rack while you mix up the frosting.

The frosting is easy. Put it all into a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread over the cooled cake and getting eating that crunchy carrot cake up.




Enjoy tea lovers.
Leave us a message if you have any recipes you would like to see in the future.
Happy Sunday x
Share:

2 comments

  1. This cake is my absolute favourite type. It looks so moist and I love that it doesn't have orange in it (am allergic). Definitely pinned and need to make. Sammie www.feastingisfun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. There was a time that all I ate was carrot cake!! I miss that time! Let me know when you bake it up and tag is on @theoldeyoungteahouse x

      Delete

© THE TEA BEE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig